Douro Discovery: A Family River Cruise in Portugal plus Madrid on MS Andorinha
Visit an opulent royal palace, cycle through Madrid's historic Casa de Campo, and immerse in art at the Prado. Ride a 4x4 to an archaeological site; breathe romance and heroic legends in Salamanca and Guimaraes; navigate mazes of colorful streets on a bicycle in Porto; kayak on the Douro River; learn the origins of azujelos and Fado music; wind along scenic bicycle ...
- Family Vacations
Custom-designed by our long-time partner Scylla to accommodate no more than 84 guests within an innovative deck plan featuring 12 300-sq. ft. Tauck Suites and 20 225-sq. ft. cabins, this brand-new 80-meter (263-foot) riverboat was specifically built for cruising amidst the historic quintas and picturesque villages along Portugal’s golden Douro River.
- Open seating in main dining room, The Compass Rose; flexible dining times; vegetarian meals always available
- Alternate dining venue, Arthur's, offering classic favorites at lunch and dinner and lighter breakfasts in the morning
- Al fresco dining on Sun Deck, weather permitting
- American breakfast room service available in Category 5 Tauck Suites
- Complimentary snacks served 10:00 AM – midnight
- Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
- Onboard entertainment includes enrichment lectures, piano music nightly, in-room movies, culinary demos, local entertainment and “themed” fun